Well – no school today – so back to my “summer” commute and a longer set of music…
Jump to get to it!
- “Can’t See the Stars” by He’s My Brother, She’s My Sister
- “That’s When I Crash” by Bleu
- “We’re Having Much More Fun” by X
- “All the Sad Young Literary Men” by The Great American Novel
- “Dig Together” by Casey Black
- “Kissing” by The Great American Novel
- “Searchin’ For the Satellites” by Bleu
- Honeysuckle Dervish” by McNary
- “This Song is Not Called Pickle Chin” by The Blind Owl Band from This Train We Ride is Made of Wood and Steel (2013)
In case you were wondering, this song is not called Pickle Chin – so get that thought out of your head. The Saranac Lake, NY string band doing there thing on this penultimate track from their recent album.
- “Wishing Well” by Vetiver from American Songwriter: The Best of American Songwriter Sessions” (2013 Noisetrade release)
A stripped down version from American Songwriter Sessions. The song was originally the A-side of 2009 Limited Edition vinyl single released for RSD 2011.
- “Midland” By Sam Morrow from True North EP (2013)
From Venice, California. A superlative folk singer-songwriter. True North – his debut EP – is out exclusively on Noisetrade.
- “Kingston Advice” (Clash Cover) by Camper Van Beethoven from The Sandinista Project (2007)
“Kingston Advice” was the fifth song on the fifth side of landmark 1980 album Sandinista! by The Clash. This 2007 tribute album features an all-star cast. Here – the legendary band Camper Van Beethoven bring the dub in a killer version of this song. Since we could not find a video of this song, we included one for the Clash original and a bonus video of Camper Van Beethoven covering another Clash song.